Cypriot Citizenship by investment:
Acquiring property in Cyprus, either as an investment or as a second home, has always been a popular choice among foreign investors.
A combination of high quality of life, year-round sunshine and natural beauty, ease of doing business and investment incentives offer investors an attractive experience in terms of both living and doing business. Being a historically key pillar of the Cyprus economy, the real estate and construction sector have experienced remarkable growth in the past years, manifested in increased demand and activity levels, prestigious large-scale projects, incentives and an influx of foreign investment.
Major benefits of the Cyprus EU Passport/Citizenship program
Investment can be sold after 3 years.
Investment minimum of €2 million (+ VAT if applicable) in real estate and/or government bonds.
Cyprus citizenship/passport is not a residence permit or a visa but rather full citizenship of the EU-member state.
There is no requirement to reside in Cyprus either before, during or after the approval of the citizenship application.
Granting of all the rights of an EU citizen: freedom to reside, work, do business, study and travel anywhere in the EU including Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland.
VISA-free travel to 157 countries worldwide, including Australia and Canada amongst others.
The citizenship is granted to the whole family – husband, wife and all financially dependent children under 28 years old .
Parents of the investor can obtain the Cyprus Citizenship with an additional permanent residence of €500.000
No double taxation in Cyprus, international tax planning tool and financial confidentiality to the Cyprus passport holders.
Complete process usually within 6 months.
Our company will assist with all matters and will be on hand to assist throughout the process to collate and present your completed application to the Cyprus Authorities.
In addition our team…
There are 4 investment options on how to acquire Cypriot citizenship by investment.
Option 1: Investment in real estate, land under development and infrastructure projects
- The Applicant has made an investment of at least €2,000,000 (excluding VAT and any transfer duties on land purchases)
- The investment must involve the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial developments or developments in the tourism sector) or other infrastructure projects, including properties purchased after their initial sale.
Option 2: Purchase or establishment or participation in Cypriot companies or businesses
- The Applicant has made a purchase or has participated in companies or organisations established and operating in Cyprus with investment costs of at least €2m.
- The invested funds must be channelled towards the financing of the investment objectives of these companies exclusively in Cyprus, based on a specific investment plan.
- Such companies or organisations must have proven physical presence in Cyprus, with significant activity and turnover and employ at least five (5) Europeans
- The minimum number of employees will be increased if more than one applicant invests simultaneously (or almost simultaneously) in the same business or company
Option 3: Investment in Alternative Investment Funds (“AIFs”) or financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations that are licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySec”)
- The Applicant has bought units with a value of at least €2m, from AIFs established in Cyprus and which are licensed and supervised by CySec.
- These investments must be made in Cyprus exclusively.
- These investments must meet the criteria of the Scheme or in areas approved by the Minister of Finance.
Option 4: Combination of the above investments
- The Applicant may proceed with a combination of the above investments, provided that the total investment will amount up to at least €2m.
- Within this option (combination of investments) the Applicant may purchase special government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus, up to €500.000.
*** Request a free consultation now.